View Single Post
Old 06 March 2005, 19:07   #5
UncleJimbo

To be honest it wouldn't surprise me if the display drivers were to blame. The PC in question is a VIA M10000 motherboard with intergreated S3 video. The drivers have always been pretty poor for it but I'm running the latest ones and I don't really have a choice about it.... my BIOS requires this current set of drivers.

Actuallly I have to admit I was slightly wrong with my initial post... I actually have 2 problems that are display related:

1. As mentioned above, WinUAE forgets my 848x480 res whenever I change tabs in the GUI. BUT... if I forget to set it to the correct res it does *not* crash my machine... WinUAE errors and quits gracefully.

2. What actually crashes my machine/display drivers/WinUAE is playing a game for a length of time... usually 5-10 minutes is enough. The game will slow down all of a sudden and then grind to a halt. Sound will often loop in the background and the display will freeze. After another minute or so a Windows error message pops up saying the display driver has stopped responding and I have to reboot. The screen is running something like 640x480 @ 16 colours... a hard reset is the only cure.

I know there's probably nothing that can be done for my 2nd problem, but if anything could fix my first problem that would be great! I've attached my winuaebootlog.txt...
Attached Files
File Type: txt winuaebootlog.txt (6.9 KB, 209 views)

Page generated in 0.04545 seconds with 12 queries