View Single Post
Old 17 August 2019, 19:25   #751
roondar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retro1234 View Post
512 isn't even enough for 2 whole horizontal screens, I'm sorry but your blind faith and having to defend everything about the Amiga with walls and walls of text I just dont belive you to be a reliable source.Sorry
If you don't believe what the Sega Retro (Mega Drive) says, well... Sorry, but that's not my problem. If you had bothered to click the links I provided, you'd have known that 512x512 is (as I said) for a square only. For pure horizontal or vertical scrolling you can do 1024x256/256x1024 instead.

As for 'blind faith'... I've repeatedly and consistently agreed with actual flaws and problems with the A1200 and the Amiga in general. I changed my mind several times when presented with credible facts more than once. In fact, on this very page I've agreed that the A1200/Amiga was limited in sprite capabilities compared to the consoles at least twice. But sure, go on pretending I show 'blind faith'.

Frankly, I simply don't care if you think I'm reliable or not. It won't change the truth value of my claims, which are easy enough to check. I even provided you with my source.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retro1234 View Post
and this is how console scrolling is done not like on the Amiga The End

https://wiki.nesdev.com/w/index.php/PPU_scrolling
I'll try to keep this brief.

That link shows something very similar in concept to the Amiga's corkscrew method. Seriously.
The main differences (apart from register use) is how you change the part of the window you show and how it's organised in memory. If you understand how to make that work, you'll understand how to make corkscrew work.

Last edited by roondar; 17 August 2019 at 19:35.

Page generated in 0.11630 seconds with 11 queries