View Single Post
Old 23 May 2018, 16:10   #6
Amiga1992

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorf View Post
the tool i posted modifies the boot-block of disk.
Which would render any decent game useless, as their use their own bootblock/are not DOS disks.
(That's a great tool I didn't know of btw, though, for when you can actually change the bootblock. Thanks for the pointer!)

So yeah disconnecting pin 41 might be the best option IF you have the Fat Agnus chip that allows it. Put tape over that pin and re-insert it in socket. Presto, your Amiga now boots in PAL (but can still be changed to NTSC via software). As for the crystal, I thought that was used to generate RF/Composite signals, and would not matter for RGB at all. Maybe I am wrong though.

Personally I installed a switch recently and now the switch doesn't work anymore and am not sure what happened. My machine is stuck in PAL and nobody seems to be able to help with this matter.
For most people though, directly converting to boot to PAL is the best option, as most software runs in PAL machines.

For switching to/from PAL<>NTSC via software, I recommend these simple commandline tools:
http://aminet.net/package/util/boot/TINYpalntsc

You can invoke them from the startup-sequence that Gorf mentioned, or at any Amiga CLI window, and they will change your screen to the desired mode.

Last edited by Amiga1992; 23 May 2018 at 16:17.

Page generated in 0.04248 seconds with 11 queries