View Single Post
Old 19 July 2013, 14:49   #57
mark_k

When a graphics card is used, would it be possible to add an option to keep the native chipset display window open? So you'd have two windows, one for the chipset display and another for the graphics card output.

I've started to play with the NetBSD 5.2 HDF I uploaded a while ago. NetBSD supports RTG cards; the initial boot prompt is on the native display, but the rest of the boot text and console are on the Cirrus output. After logging in typing startx seems to do something, but the X display is not on the RTG output. I suspect it's actually on the native chipset display, but can't tell because the RTG console is still displayed. (After waiting a while, you can blindly type halt and X exits.)

Also, EGS apparently supports multiple displays so it might be useful to have both native and RTG displays shown at the same time. (According to the GVP-M EGS Spectrum page you could even use EGS with two Spectrum cards and have a single large EGS display spanning two monitors. )

A couple of things I noticed booting the NetBSD 5.2 HDF...

With Picasso II and II+, the emulation window doesn't switch to the RTG display automatically; it just shows a blank grey native screen.

The cursor is not visible sometimes. It doesn't seem to consistently appear (or not) with any specific card, but more or less randomly each boot. Happens with Piccolo, SD64, Spectrum.

Page generated in 0.04292 seconds with 11 queries