Thread: ACA500 plus?
View Single Post
Old 17 February 2017, 16:18   #296
Schoenfeld
electricky.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tknice View Post
So I may try this then. Unfortunately for me, E-Penguin's chip is a PAL version
I doubt that. The 8372a is switchable between PAL and NTSC, and if you just drop it into a Rev.5, it will come up in NTSC mode. It still allows software to switch between PAL and NTSC (one of the enhancements of the enhanced chip set ECS).

I've mentioned here in this thread that I have a few very rare 8375 chips that have the 8372a pinout, but the PAL/NTSC pin with a completely different function. These are really available in two different startup-modes PAL and NTSC, and I only have the PAL version. However, these are so extremely rare that hardly anyone knows about them. I'm sure that you've been offered a 8372a chip - Vesalia has them for 6.90 EUR each incl. VAT, so even less for those outside the EU.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tknice View Post
If you guys have any other advice on switching out the AGNUS or anything else I need to check first, I'd love to hear it.
If a chip puller is not available, you can also remove the board from the case completely (loosen all the bolts of all connectors at the back) and push the chip out through the two holes in the board. These holes line up with holes in the socket, so you can reach to the chip from the bottom side of the board with a screw driver. Be careful - you'll be surprised about how much force you need to apply!

Jens

Page generated in 0.04271 seconds with 11 queries