View Single Post
Old 12 October 2007, 13:06   #9
Doc Mindie
In deep Trouble

Thanks again, eLowar

My main reason for bringing E into this subject, is that I started to get a grasp on that back in 1996, but then sadly my HD died and I couldn't afford a new one untill YEARS later (upon which I also had gotten an A1200 and aPC and was surfing the net) and my E-diskettes (registered from Wouter himself) had more or less died already.

Anyways, .h files are used in both C and C++, so I just wanted to understand what the heck I was looking at. I guess some people doesn't need to understand what they're doing as long as it works, but for me it's important to grasp the underlying stuff that actually MAKES things work, before continuing my programming learning curve.

So, knowing that the standard library works isn't enough for me, I need to know the WHY and the HOW it works too.... otherwise, I just get heavily frustrated because I can't find the (sometimes useless) info I want

Quote:
From the AmigaE site itself:

For those who don't know: E is an object-oriented/procedural/unpure functional/whatever language with quite a popular implementation on the amiga. It's mainly influenced by languages such as C++, Ada, Lisp etc., and features extremely fast compilation, inline assembler, large set of integrated functions, powerful module concept, flexible type-system, quoted expressions, immediate and typed lists, parametric and object polymorphism, exception handling, inheritance, data-hiding, methods, multiple return values, default arguments, register allocation, fast memory management, unification, LISP-Cells, macro-preprocessing, a very powerful source-level debugger, gui-toolkit, library linker, and then some.

Last edited by Doc Mindie; 12 October 2007 at 13:08. Reason: included info about AmigaE for eLowar's (mis)benefit

Page generated in 0.06324 seconds with 11 queries