Thread: Ambermoon WHD
View Single Post
Old 10 November 2007, 10:04   #16
alexh
Thalion Webshrine

Quote:
Originally Posted by meynaf View Post
If someone's interested, I have an english 1.07 version where a whole lot of bugs were corrected (by myself, yep).
You fixed them eh? Only myself and 2 other coders have fixed bugs in Ambermoon. One of which is already a member of this board. What is your real name?

Quote:
This is enough to finish the game and go everywhere (there are still bugs, however, but I think most of them also are in the german 1.05 version).
You can finish the game with the original v1.07

Quote:
This isn't a hack, just things corrected here and there. Only a few files need to be replaced.
Files we (those who patched them) agreed not to release until they were tested from start to finish, something that no-one ever did which is why they remain un released. The main concern was we might break something worse than the original bugs.

Quote:
In the original 1.07 version some messages made the game abruptly quit, and you simply couldn't recruit Valdyn.
1) You can recruit Valdyn in the original, you use the JUMP spell to go through the door.
2) The author of the original Ambermoon hackers toolkit for the Amiga fixed this bug WAY back in 1999/2000. A great guy who created a set of tools to dcrypt, unpack, split and rejoin the Ambermoon files. We lost touch in 2000. However I dont think he was French. If you are him, PM me with your name

For a list of the bugs that have been found (and fixed) check here.

http://thalion.exotica.org.uk/games/ambermoon/bugs.html

The first few were fixed by the coder of the toolkit, the others by another fan of Ambermoon about a year later.

Last edited by alexh; 10 November 2007 at 10:27.

Page generated in 0.04938 seconds with 11 queries