View Single Post
Old 14 September 2013, 11:35   #52
amilo3438
Amiga 500 User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toni Wilen View Post
We have a winner here! This has to be the most ugliest and weirdest way to syncronize CPU to display..

It WRITES to VPOSW to force CPU vs chipset sync! It writes to chipset registers in a loop, then increases vpos counter and writes it to VPOSW and then starts processing next line.

WTF? Why? This is too crazy..

I guess timing is close enough to real hsync and TV allows small jitter in hsyncs without causing display glitches.

I don't think I want to bother with this. It would require huge changes everywhere..
[/code]
Indeed very interesting case. Also bad that it would require such huge changes to fix.

p.s.
I have checked all demos again ... hope you did not overlook below by mistake testing on real Amiga:

The end by trilobit, Vactro 2 by Angels, ALUMINIUM by SYNTEX

as didn't find anywehere you mentioned these. I'll be here in case you'll need any more info about.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
EDIT: Maybe could be an useful info: COOL FRIDGE by UPFRONT demo ... on SMOOTH COPPER loading screen it says (see on attachments also):

LOADING 'SMOOTH COPPER' , NOTICE THAT
THE SPLITS ARE MOVING ON EVERY SECOND
PIXEL BEHIND A 4 PLANE LOGO....
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Upfront-CoolFridge_003.png
Views:	513
Size:	18.9 KB
ID:	36725   Click image for larger version

Name:	Upfront-CoolFridge_004.png
Views:	512
Size:	19.6 KB
ID:	36726  

Last edited by amilo3438; 14 September 2013 at 12:17.

Page generated in 0.06925 seconds with 12 queries