View Single Post
Old 09 August 2017, 11:51   #1
AMIGASYSTEM

RNOInfoScreen: Music Player Front-End And Info Screen

Author: jPV^RNO

RNOInfoScreen: Works as a front-end to various music and media players bydisplaying the "now playing" information with cover art images, and offers basic media control options for the user (play, pause, next, etc.).

Why? Because I listen to music on my MorphOS computers a lot and I wanted to have a fullscreen application to display the "now playing" information when I'm not otherwise utilising the computer screen.

I find myself, quite often, wondering what's currently playing when I listen to large random playlists, and my application offers this feature in an easy-to-view way, even from some distance away, so I don't have to drag my ass back to my computer.

Why not make it a full-blown player too? Because I'm not trying to re-invent the wheel. Everyone has their own favourite music players an characteristics
for different needs, this program just gives you an alternative way to use them.

Why has it such a generic name? This way I leave my options open, in case I expand it to display more than just music related information in the future.

RNOInfoScreen v1.7 OS3/OS4/MOS/WOS: Download

Requirements

- AmigaOS 3.x, MorphOS 3.x, OS4
- A working ARexx environment (rexxsyslib.library installed on MorphOS)
- On a classic Amiga: high or true color RTG, KS3.0+ and plenty of RAM, but no guarantee it will perform OK on a real machine, probably not so well.

Features
- Detects the running player and gets the information from it automatically
- Supported players: Jukebox, SongPlayer, AmiNetRadio, TuneNet 2.4 or later, AmigaAMP 2.22 or later, MPlayer (MUI), DAPlayer, RNORadio
- Displays information about the previous and currently playing songs
- Displays album art images, if found, from song's directory, via Internet (Cover Art Archive), or as embedded images
- Configurable cache for downloaded images
- A clock display
- Fullscreen and windowed (sizeable) modes
- Screen blankers can be disabled
- Last.fm scrobbling support on MorphOS with the UniScrobbler script
- Can be used as a MorphOS blanker with the included binary file
- Keyboard controls for prev/pause/play/next
- Hidden volume control/display by using the up/down cursor keys, or the middle mouse wheel
- Hidden quit (top left if in fullscreen mode) and screen swap (top right of screen if in fullscreen mode) by single left mouse-click on corner pixels.
- ARexx support

Requirements
- MorphOS 3.x, OS4, or AmigaOS 3.x
- A working ARexx environment (rexxsyslib.library installed on MorphOS)
- On a classic Amiga: high or true color RTG, KS3.0+ and plenty of mem, but no guarantee how well it works on real machines, probably not too well.

Installation
- Copy an executable or the whole directory anywhere you want, no further installation required
- To use as a blanker in MorphOS, copy the RNOInfoScreen.btd file to the
SYS:Classes/Blankers directory or use the provided install script.

Usage
- Start the music playback on any of the supported players and then just launch this program
- Double-click or rcommand-f switches between fullscreen and windowed modes
- Displayed elements can be enabled and disabled from the pull-down menu
- Move the mouse to get control buttons displayed
- Volume can be controlled with the mouse wheel or from the keyboard, holding the shift key changes it in larger increments in MorphOS

Keyboard controls:
Right - Next
Left - Previous
Up - Volume up
Down - Volume down
Space - Pause
Enter - Play
Esc - Quit
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	RNOInfoScreen.jpg
Views:	439
Size:	117.6 KB
ID:	63919  

Last edited by AMIGASYSTEM; 06 May 2020 at 07:07.

Page generated in 0.05065 seconds with 12 queries