View Single Post
Old 05 August 2018, 16:22   #1
chue

Using modern switches in an Amiga Mouse

I recently purchased an Amiga mouse (part number 327124-15, NOT a tank model) that had bad button switches. I replaced the switches with similar square style switches, commonly found on eBay, but I did not like the result. Mouse clicks were much louder and required more finger pressure so I started looking for other types of switches.

In my search I found modern mouse switches, but these are a different shape than the original Amiga ones. Instead of square, the modern ones are rectangular, and much taller.

I managed to get the new switches working by drilling a couple holes in the mouse board and placing the switches at a 45 degree angle. The new switches have 3 legs, but I only used 2 of the legs.

Since the new switches are taller I also had to cut the mouse button "plastic legs" that come into contact with the switches.

The end result is that mouse button presses require similar pressure as a modern mouse, and the click noise is similar as well. It still does not quite feel as good as a modern mouse but it is much improved, as compared to the old style switches.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	000-Mitsumi-mouse.jpg
Views:	83
Size:	37.0 KB
ID:	59126   Click image for larger version

Name:	002-switch-size.jpg
Views:	99
Size:	59.7 KB
ID:	59127   Click image for larger version

Name:	001-board-switch-side-small.jpg
Views:	134
Size:	156.4 KB
ID:	59128   Click image for larger version

Name:	003-button-legs.jpg
Views:	89
Size:	42.0 KB
ID:	59129  

Last edited by chue; 05 August 2018 at 16:35.

Page generated in 0.04727 seconds with 12 queries