Thread: Amix in WinUAE
View Single Post
Old 11 August 2013, 22:44   #86
mark_k

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noth View Post
For 2.03 I can confirm that i_10.cpio, i_17.cpio, i_21.cpio, i_23.cpio, i_24.cpio, i_25.cpio (which also complains of invalid headers after gunzip+cpio extraction) and i_27.cpio all are actually gzipped and must be renamed with the .cpio.gz instead of .cpio suffix.
I'm not 100% sure what 02 should really be renamed to. Going to test a 2.03 and 2.1 install with modified names on files to see how far I get and will post results later.
As Toni said, the names of the files on your PC are completely irrelevant. What matters is that you create an index.tape text file listing the files in the order they appear on the emulated tape. It doesn't matter what you rename i_02.cpio to, as long as the second line of index.tape has the new name.

Your index.tape file (assuming you don't rename any of the files) should look like this:
Code:
i_01.cpio
i_02.cpio
i_03.cpio
... etc. until ...
i_26.cpio
i_27.cpio
Also, the compressed files are not compressed with gzip. They're compressed with the UNIX compress program. The usual filename extension used for compressed files is .Z. You could rename the compressed files to end in .cpio.Z to make that clear, but it doesn't matter as far as WinUAE's tape emulation is concerned. (You'll need to edit index.tape if you do rename any of the files.)

Page generated in 0.04775 seconds with 11 queries