View Single Post
Old 25 March 2015, 04:35   #5
IanP

Quote:
Originally Posted by kipper2k View Post
Hi all,

thinking about the upcoming new cases for the C64 has got me thinking into the possibility of getting some a1200 cases produced.

I guess a few of my questions are...

- is the case design copyrighted?
- is the "Amiga" printed into the plastic copyrighted ?
- who if anyone would hold the copyright/license rights for this
- a sorta silly question, who would like one

and last, anyone got any ideas as to to how/where this could be done ?

i would also like to add possibility of replacement keys for the keyboards too
If copyright applies to the case design it probably lies with Cloanto - Cloanto confirms transfers of Commodore/Amiga copyrights. The "Amiga" embossed into the case would be a trademark. Amiga Inc. put the Amiga trademark up for sale in 2010 - Pluritas Engaged by Amiga, Inc. to Market the Amiga Trademarks but it doesn't look like any sale happened at the time. Amiga Trademark Ownership is listed in this document which may or may not be up to date. The Commodore and "Chicken head" logo trademarks were sold to Tulip and since have probably since changed hands.

Demand would be very strong for new cases if they were high quality, carried the trademarks and were a reasonable price.

If there is a copyright issue with the case design it would apply to the new C64C cases too so it may be worth checking with Cloanto about there opinion of the C64 case Kickstarter. The stickers supplied with the new C64 cases are avoiding the Commodore trademarks.

Last edited by IanP; 25 March 2015 at 04:42.

Page generated in 0.04088 seconds with 11 queries