Thread: Arctic Fox?
View Single Post
Old 14 April 2002, 06:16   #33
jmmijo

Quote:
Originally posted by Shadowen
With the names of copy protection schemes used, sometimes you can find some reference to it in the game credits (in-game or in the docs). Other times the name may be embedded in bootblocks or game code. However, as you've said, mostly they are unknown and will remain that way unless software houses/coders have discussed them in old Amiga magazine articles or more recently on the net. Pity that information about Amiga copy protection isn't as prevalent as that for C64 copy protection, where books like that written by KrackerJax were published on the topic.
Actually we were planning on doing an Amiga version of the Inside Kracker Jax series, Bob Mills and I were starting the first volume when the whole CBM market fell thru

Now when I say we, I mean the Kracker Jax team, it was a sub label of the parent company, Hands On Software. I worked for the parent company since about it's inception, when it worked wholly on C64 parameters as they were called and were sold via a couple of local computer shops.

Him and I had kept a lot of notes on the various schemes, including the long tracks used by both Psygnosis and Readysoft. We both liked the simplicity and the nuances of all the iterations of RNC protection

Not sure if Bob kept any of his notes, mine I had to leave with the company when I left there a few years back. I got to keep the software however

Page generated in 0.04238 seconds with 11 queries