View Single Post
Old 30 September 2017, 18:56   #37
phx
Natteravn

Sorry. Still didn't read the whole thread, but some more of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by grelbfarlk View Post
Yeah so the compiler uses warpcollect2 during linking then dumps out an .elf file which elf2exe2 converts to hunk format.
Yes. I remember something like elf2exe2 was used to convert the ELF V.4-ABI executable into an AmigaDOS-hunk format file, including a small 68k startup-code to launch the PPC main program(?).

Quote:
8.Ram Disk:> elf2exe2 gameppc.dll gameppc.exe
Error: Wrong magic number in ELF-header !
Error: Error processing Elffile !

8.Ram Disk:> elf2exe2 libSDL_wos.a libSDL_wos.lib
Error: Wrong magic number in ELF-header !
Error: Error processing Elffile !
You cannot run elf2exe2 on a library, as it is an archive containing several ELF objects. So there is no ELF-executable header.

Neither can you run it on a DLL (ELF shared object), which also has a different ID in its ELF header.

But you also don't want to do that, as both make no sense at all.

Quote:
PPCCallOS isn't in libppcamiga.a
PPCCallOS is PowerUp, not WarpOS! Something seriously went wrong here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by grelbfarlk View Post
That's something else I was going to try, since stormC 4 uses GCC as the compiler, though there's also the option to use StormC 3 compiler.
FYI, StormC 3 and StormC 4, although different compilers, have something in common: both generate valid PowerOpen-ABI code and real hunk-format executables. H&P managed to patch the GCC used in StormC 4 that way, which not many of the free GCC-ports did.

I don't know what the -warpup option does, which I saw in some posts. Hopefully it switches to PowerOpen-ABI? Then your only remaining problem would be linking and generating a hunk-format executable.

Your llisting of ppc-amigaos/lib seems to include everything needed. Also the startup codes. startup.o is probably the 68k startup? Theoretically it should be possible to link a WarpOS executable with vlink using your ELF objects (it can also convert leading underscores on the fly).

But when this is really a WarpOS compiler then you should be able to compile a simple WarpOS program, without too much warpcollects and elf2exes...

Page generated in 0.04493 seconds with 11 queries