View Single Post
Old 07 October 2018, 08:40   #10
IvanEBC

OK, i've decided to help myself to get some help and take this as far as i can ... i get some odd readings so i don't quite know if i stuffed something initially? I also used pfsdoctor that said i have no errors (YAY!)

I put the NEW pfs3aio into L: there's currently no psf3 files in L

I load up HDToolBox
I select scsi.device 43.35
I select my 120gb CF card and select partition drive.

All 3 partitions (4/100/15) show on that main screen as Custom File system PFS/03
If i select change - it shows PFS/03 and some settings, max transfer etc, everything looks in place, and i have been using this for at least 18 months and no issues, but not wanting to tempt fate with a rare bug, i want to upgrade, but here it gets weird

If i select Add/Update which according to above, is what i would want to do, this is what i see

Identifier Version Size FileSystemName
0x444F5303 45.9 26304 L:FastFileSystem [International (FFS)]
0x50465303 18.0 69388 Emergency-Disk:L/pfs3_aio-handler [Custom File System]

So multiple things here, why is FFS still listed? Is this normal and since all three partitions are listed under the "change" tab as being on PFS/03, is it safe to delete?

Second entry that almost seems correct except its pointing to some odd device called emergency disk, i did select it and clicked Update and it asks for the emergency-disk to be inserted. I know i can select L and select the new pfs3aio file but this doesn't feel right as how can the current pfs3 be in use when its looking for it in a location that doesn't exist (and i even pointed out earlier that my handler file resides in devs: not l: for whatever reason.

Basically? can i kill the FFS one and safely update the PFS by selected the new 19.2 version without destroying everything?

Page generated in 0.04622 seconds with 11 queries