View Single Post
Old 21 June 2018, 14:44   #13
dlfrsilver
CaptainM68K-SPS France

Send a message via MSN to dlfrsilver
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daedalus View Post
Yep, for that sort of palette to make any sense, it first off needs to be using more than 24 bits per pixel, which even today isn't used on top-end games (Remember that a 32-bit colour mode still only includes 24 bits of color data, which is ~16.8 million colours). So perhaps it's using some sort of hardware offset scheme like HAM on the Amiga, and a non-RGB colour system... But even that wouldn't make any sense - why bother going to such lengths to introduce colours that probably can't be perceived by the naked eye?

I also wonder about the AutoCAD element - it's a hideous tool for drawing computer graphics. Are you sure it wasn't just a part of the processing, for example as part of the digitizer setup, in which case the graphics were drawn on paper and then scanned in to produce a vector version, which could then be scaled to suit different resolutions?
I guess Sega got a custom version of AutoCAD. I found this information in a twitter like site, showing japanese development machines, and where this information has been given by a Sega arcade engineer.

Page generated in 0.04498 seconds with 11 queries