View Single Post
Old 24 January 2016, 13:15   #7
SnakeCoils

All the infos you need are inside the online Documentation, some parts does not apply to the OSX PPC port (for example the JIT recompiler options) but all the rest is there.
The config file is nothing but a text file with the ".fs-uae" extension after the name and containing a sequence of options followed by a value, for example here is the config file I use for launching the ECS demo "Arte" on my dual G4 MDD:

Code:
[config]
amiga_model = A500+
accuracy = -1
floppy_drive_volume = 0
video_sync = off
fullscreen = 1
viewport = * * * * => 0 0 752 574
floppy_drive_0 =/Volumes/Calderone/Emulatori_ROM/Amiga/Floppy/Arte.adf
Usually I duplicate this for every new game or demo I need to launch. The configuration for the same demo on my intel MacMini is little different because the most powerful CPU allow a greater level of accuracy and if I switch the desktop resolution to 50 Hz refresh the scrolling becomes perfect without tearings or stuttering:

Code:
[config]
amiga_model = A500+
accuracy = 1
floppy_drive_volume = 0
video_sync = auto
fullscreen = 1
keep_aspect = 1
viewport = * * * * => 0 0 752 574
floppy_drive_0 =/Volumes/Calderone/Emulatori_ROM/Amiga/Floppy/Arte.adf
The main difference is the accuracy happily increased to the max, the video sync flag and the "keep_aspect" control, absolutely needed when you run FS-UAE on display sets with an aspect ratio different from 4:3.

Of course you need also true kickstarts ROMs, when placed in the right FS-UAE directory (stored in /Documents/FS-UAE/Kicstarts/) the emulator will choose the right one accordingly to the Amiga model you specified in the config file.

Page generated in 0.09613 seconds with 11 queries