View Single Post
Old 17 July 2011, 23:36   #12
Lonewolf10
AMOS Extensions Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeschool View Post
Well well, a score beater!

When you see my Lemon post you'll discover I also threw away life after life on 23 for the very same reasons as you! There are six guys on the level, and as the introduction brief says: you must rescue ALL SIX. If any one of them gets killed by mistake, you'll have to press 'Escape' to restart the level again...
The problem with the brief and tactics screen, is that neither give you the full picture. Whilst it may say how many men to rescue in the mission brief, it gives you so much information that it's hard to remember it all. Then in the tactics screen it just gives basic information.

Quote:
Zeewolf Level 23 tips: Set off and head north, avoiding everything on the approach to the island. You'll then find a missile battery protected by a radar unit. You must destroy this 'watchdog' unit first or basically you're history! Then destroy the rest of the missile battery (lose a life). Head slightly north-east from the battery, and then turn east by the crash site until you discover a similar rocket battery and a watchdog near the east coast, get rid of it! (lose another life). Then head back to the downed helicopter and this time it is under attack by 6 tanks invading from all directions - wade in there and destroy them, taking care to aim AWAY from the men. Take out the gun boat to the south, then head north a little bit and remove the tank and helicopter waitng there (lose another life). Now you should be able to fly north from the restart point and pick up all six guys in one go in relative safety.
Is that why the men were split up, because I didn;t take out the watchdogs?

Quote:
Really good work, I bet you're liking the game right now? Yeah, is it level 20 or 21 where you have two tanks on the carrier which you have to swing into action?? That level took me ages to figure out until I realised I must clear a path to the first base so that my first tank can attack it safely.
Yup, that's the one. I didn't clear any paths. I just carried 2 tanks over and let them do all the work! On the few occasions I did try and help them out, I kept getting shot down - it's basically all air defenses on that level.
At one point I thought one of my tanks had been destroyed, but I finished the level with 2 tanks. Either it got replaced, or there is a 3rd tank somewhere in the area.

More Tips

There is one additional tip we haven't mentioned. Where possible, pick up and drop off any men picked up first, otherwise sometimes the mission ends and not all due money/score is accredited to you. For example, if you only need 4 out of 6 men to complete a mission, by the time the 4th guy gets into safety the mission ends, and you don't get accredited for rescuing the other 2!

On early levels, destroy everything for maximum score, but on later levels concentrate on the main targets or you risk wasting ammo and/or lives.

Regards,
Lonewolf10

Page generated in 0.07738 seconds with 11 queries