View Single Post
Old 25 April 2015, 18:46   #4
niobyte
AMR / HOL Contributor

@DrBong,

Interestingly it was through looking at Hall of Light, looking for games that had not been found or had scans yet. Spanish releases were quite scarce and did not have much information. At that stage I had a very large interest in changing that.

I always knew that the Amiga didn't do very well in the US. So I have quite a few rare US items in my collection too.

In my collection I have stuff from all over the world. Australia, England, France, Germany, Italy, North America, Spain, etc.

I first noticed stuff rare in my own collection once looking at all, then comparing with what was on Hall of Light. As I noticed in Australia we often sometimes ended up getting some of the US versions of the software imported. For example the Spectrum Holobyte and UbiSoft US releases.

Also the Australasia ECP published ones.

I have found it kind of surprising that here locally I have even found French, German and Italian published versions of titles. Strangely some of these were distributed by Pactronics and Ozisoft. I guess they imported whatever they wanted regardless

Mindscape Australia would sometimes import US versions of titles instead of the ones from the UK.

In a way you've helped showcase that.

BTW, if you want a high capture using a real Kryoflux device I am more than happy to help/assist with that. As afterall we are not far away from each other

Last edited by niobyte; 25 April 2015 at 19:17.

Page generated in 0.04710 seconds with 11 queries