Thread: Amiga vs WinUAE
View Single Post
Old 15 March 2018, 22:42   #17
malko
Ex nihilo nihil

Due to space requirements, since 18 years now, an A500, A2000 & A1200 are turned off and stay quietly in the cellar (no one is vanilla )... I never lost interest in the Amiga but the PC I use for professional reason took all the place... . I will plug the Amiga back once, just hope they will turn on .

I have tried most of the releases of Amiga & C64 emulators since I bought my first 486DX2/66 in ~1992 .
In my opinion, emulators are an "extension" to the real hardware and I have much respect for the people developing those piece of software .

Actual price of classic Amiga hardware* is something I do not understand. People are really crazy with the price they ask for (and not for good reason) .

Computing must be affordable and not be something for an "elite", in this way, emulators are the guarantors of a more wider spread. And are the best immaterial answer for preservation, so the more accurate emulators are, the more effective the preservation is

*I do not speak about hardware manufactured recently. Only about hardware manufactured in the 80'-90's and sold today.

Page generated in 0.04987 seconds with 11 queries