View Single Post
Old 12 November 2017, 23:08   #1
prowler
Global Moderator

[SOLVED] Catweasel MK3 CD-R

Hi All,

I recently decided to create a backup image of the CD-R which was supplied with my Catweasel MK3 PCI/Flipper card, but it failed because of read errors.

The Volume Name is "Catweasel_Emulator_CD" and it contains PC and Amiga driver software, plus a comprehensive selection of Computer and Console emulators for running on Amiga (some observers might call this a bunch of stale emulators ).

The disc contains 4376 files in 1419 directories, amounting to about 100MB of data.

I have tried to recover the disc using Roadkil's Unstoppable Copier. However, I have only been able to salvage 4105 files. The others may not be totally unrecoverable, but selecting more retries increases the estimated time to complete the task far beyond acceptable limits.

Does anyone have a Catweasel MK3 CD-R which is more readable than my own and could upload a backup image of it for me, please? Even discs which are readable to a lesser degree may still prove useful - see below:

These discs will all be old by now, so it's possible that nobody will have a disc which is completely readable. Even so, other partially-readable discs would be useful if they could be salvaged by the same method I have tried. If the required total of 4376 files can be salvaged overall, then I can compile a composite disc image and distribute it (on CD-R if required) to everyone who has contributed to the effort.

Thanks in advance to any contributors to this effort.

Edit: I attach a zip archive of the full directory listing of the original CD-R and one of the Windows hard drive directory containing the successfully salvaged files. The files as yet unrecovered are highlighted in red.
Attached Files
File Type: zip CWMK3_CD_Salvage.zip (87.7 KB, 155 views)

Last edited by prowler; 25 November 2017 at 21:52. Reason: Attachment updated; 4110 files salvaged.

Page generated in 0.04546 seconds with 12 queries