View Single Post
Old 14 June 2012, 18:58   #53
Dr.Venom

Interlaced frame type mismatch 1<>0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toni Wilen View Post
With regard to the interlace sync issue. I don't know why I didn't notice this before, but the interlace frame type matching works perfectly fine when using WinUAE in "fastest possible" mode. It's only when using either cycle-exact or approximate A500/A1200 that the interlace syncing issue with the looping "interlaced frame type mismatch 1<>0" pops up (also see earlier post). Any idea why it's working in fastest possible and not in cycle exact?

I've been experimenting a bit with the shaders and having a scaled image on my LED screen, and noticed that the "integer scaling" option in filters only scales in steps of 2, i.e. 2,4,6,8. As such it's missing the 3X scaling, and I was wondering if you could add these to the integer scaling options?

I'm asking because in my experience a 4x scaled image (or 2x with double line mode enabled), fills the whole 1080p height, but pixels look too pixelated/blocky. A 2x scaled image (or 1x with double line mode) looks closer to CRT, but the image on screen is too small (filling only half of the 1080p height). The sweetspot as such would be 3X scaling (or 1.5X with double line mode enabled), finding a good balance between filling enough screensize and pixels not becoming too blocky or pixelated. That way when applying a (modified) scanline/CRT filter makes it look closely to what a 14inch CRT is looking like. As such, hopefully it's possible to have the 3X and 1.5X scaling options added. (Or is there maybe something code-wise standing in the way it?)

Lastly, when experimenting a bit with the WinUAE.fx shader code I noticed that the built-in bi-lineair filtering option in WinUAE seems to get applied after the shader filter has done its job. I was wondering if this could be the other way around, so have the filter shader manipulating the source image -after- it has been bi-lineair filtered, or maybe have a flag in the .fx file where you can set whether the filtering is coming before or after the shader? Hopefully something is possible here..

Page generated in 0.04362 seconds with 11 queries