View Single Post
Old 20 December 2005, 10:59   #7
Hybrid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Methanoid
Didnt use DC but did use Ultimate Dream and Stonehenge before that... but you were voted 2nd best UK BBS then to a certain Quartex BBS
You have a good memory! Stonehenge was my first BBS and then I took over the running of Ultimate Dream from Dream Warrior. Ultimate Dream had been the first proper warez BBS I used and at the time DW had been running it off an A500 with a RAMDISK and several floppy disks! No hard drive so you had to ring him up if the floppy with the warp file you wanted was not in any of the drives!! hehe

The BBS that got me into it all though was AIX 386 which had the Share and Enjoy conference on it, run along with the guys from Energy Spreaders.

Once I had the reigns of Ultimate Dream I invested in an A590 (20meg) that seemed MASSIVE at the time! It was about 400 quid for 20 meg in those days! eek!

Quartex BBS's, hmmm well I remember Absolute Zero run by (?) in Teeside somewhere, then there was Undertaker's Graveyard BBS in Sunderland, Scott's Dulcet Tones in Glasgow I think and Jester and ? ran the main QTX board down on the south coast somewhere (cant remember the name of it). Trying also to remember if Oasis (Dan) was ever a QTX board.

Regards

Hybrid

Page generated in 0.04387 seconds with 11 queries