View Single Post
Old 16 January 2021, 08:49   #3906
AmiFox

Quote:
Originally Posted by DamienD View Post

Preliminary:
  • Download the game files.
  • In "Basilisk II for Windows", use one of my pre-setup "MAC OS" .HFV files.
  • Using "HFVExplorer", created a larger than required .HFV file, and put the .SIT file or .TOAST_.SIT inside.
  • Install "StuffIt" and extract the files.
  • Move the .TOAST file out of emulation and onto my Windows hard drive.
  • Rename the .TOAST file --> .TOAST.ISO, and mount in "Daemon Tools Lite".
  • Test the game, make any game option changes, and add an "Alias" to System --> Startup.
  • Now recreate a new .HFV to the required size but add 10MB, in case of addition files through use / save games etc...
  • Copy everything from the larger than required .HFV file --> new perfectly sized .HFV file.

WinUAE:
  • Use my "ClassicWB 3.1 Lite with ShapeShifter" .HDF.
  • Add in one of my pre-setup MAC / ShapeShifter .HDFs e.g. "Prince of Persia" and copy the whole hard drive contents to "DH0:0".
  • Copy the "DH0:0/ShapeShifter Prefs" file to "DH0:ShapeShifter".
  • Run the ShapeShifter configuration window, adjust the "Graphics...", the "Volumes/Disks...", the "SCSI...", the "Memory... (p)" and then save.
  • Copy this "ShapeShifter Prefs" file back to "DH0:0/ShapeShifter".
  • Copy the .HFV files created in "Basilisk II for Windows" into "DH0:0/GameHDDs".
  • Modify the "DH0:0/S/Startup-Sequence" for any "MacJoyPad" buttons required for CD32 control.
  • Work out the size needed, create a brand new .HDF and copy all files from "DH0:0" into this.
  • Create the .UAE configuration file.
  • Test the game in WinUAE and take a title / screenshot.
  • Put everything into directories "Configurations" and "Games\<gamedir>", and then WinRAR up.
  • Finally test again then upload.

The end result is that you guys just have to double-click the game from the list in WinUAE and play

I'm an expert at this now, but it still takes some time indeed to get everything perfect, even small games

Wow, lot of work just to get us "just-click-and-play" games
Thank you very much, especially now for the "HoMMs".. Great series . Always loved HoMM

Page generated in 0.04447 seconds with 11 queries