View Single Post
Old 04 February 2015, 08:16   #1
Haywirepc

AEON INC, Can I have my amiga.org account back now?

I got banned sometime in october or november from amiga.org I don't recall the specific details but I got banned right after criticizing AEON for something. As I recall it was about people never getting their drivers after buying a 3,000$ computer slower than my phone or something like that.

Seems to me that camp is banning anyone on AMIGA.ORG who says anything not to their liking, which is both childish and power trippy. If the truth hurts, I'm sorry, but people should be free to speak the truth, yes even in amiga land.

Is that a good way to run a business? Just silence anyone who does not agree with you?

"You have been banned for the following reason:
Violation of TOS

Date the ban will be lifted: 12-15-2014, 01:00 PM"

Okay so ban supposed to be up 12-15-2014 but its still in effect. I have sent 10 messages and emails about this with no reply.

To be clear, I have nothing against AEON. I just said something they did not like, or that was not in their best interests. (But I still recall was truthful, or fair critiscism)

I would say that if your position is so weak you can not withstand criticism, debate or questions about your position? Thats really sad.

Sadder still is that I have been a member there for so many years. I miss many of my online friends and they have no reason to continue this ridiculous lockout, yet they do. I don't think this is a good way to get people to buy your products or support your efforts. It makes you look weak and childish.

So I take the punishment, I was fine with the temporary ban but it seems permanent. I've been an amiga user since 1988. Are there so many amiga users left on the scene that they can just ban whoever they want from amiga.org with no ill effects? I don't really think so, but thats just my opinion.

Haywirepc

Page generated in 0.05497 seconds with 11 queries