View Single Post
Old 14 March 2018, 15:50   #24
Keir

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinphaltimus View Post
It sucks to see your stuff stolen and competing with your bottom line Jeff. Really does. But also to clarify, you're not referencing flash floppy with that statement correct? I mean, FF is a "fork" of the open source which is the entire purpose of having some of the code open source correct? You were complaining about some guy on the internet trying to pirate or get for free HxC to sell his drives, am I correct in understanding that?
To clarify, FlashFloppy is not a fork of HxC, it is a from-scratch implementation, using some third-party libraries for obvious stuff like FatFS and USB.

How could FlashFloppy fork HxC, when the HxC firmware is closed source

Nor is FlashFloppy project distributing any HxC open-source tools, forked or otherwise. FlashFloppy merely supports:
1. The HFE and HFEv3 image formats
2. The HxC-Autoboot-file-selector's Flash-access protocol
In both cases using my own code implemented from published documents (eg. http://hxc2001.com/download/floppy_d...ile_format.pdf) and/or reverse engineered from open-source code.

I will also note that FlashFloppy can be used without (1) and (2): no need to use HFE images on most systems (direct native image support for most systems); and no need to use Autoboot file selector (direct navigation of images on the Gotek, especially if an LCD/OLED display is fitted).

Page generated in 0.07330 seconds with 11 queries