View Single Post
Old 14 March 2018, 11:59   #23
Sinphaltimus

Also, and correct me if I am mistaken Jeff, but I think I read comments from Jeff and Lethorak that HxC was initially developed for Lethorak drives to be completely stable 100% as it is used in some pretty tight and secure places where reliability is not an option. The fact that we can install it on lowly GoTek drives (and i mean lowly more as a cheaper less secure device) is a bonus.

I purchased Hxc for my first GoTek installed on my TI-99/4a (Yes Jeff, I'm the same guy casually trying to get you to support TI-99/4a DSK images in HxC natively - LOL) and went with HxC before the purchasing process changed. I can't understand french so for my Amiga GoTek, I went with flashfloppy.

But either way, I think folks need to understand that they are fundamentally different products that adhere to different standards even if they support 90% of the same features. ford Pinto from the 1970s has many of the same features as a militarized HumVee like 4 tires, gas, break, can get you from point a to point b, almost the same, but you wouldn't want to enter a warzone in that pinto. Even if the same company developed both vehicles.

It sucks to see your stuff stolen and competing with your bottom line Jeff. Really does. But also to clarify, you're not referencing flash floppy with that statement correct? I mean, FF is a "fork" of the open source which is the entire purpose of having some of the code open source correct? You were complaining about some guy on the internet trying to pirate or get for free HxC to sell his drives, am I correct in understanding that?

Page generated in 0.07879 seconds with 11 queries