View Single Post
Old 31 May 2015, 19:43   #10
samaron

Sorry for the late reply/update guys.

I tried both with and without mediator connected. I stripped the system completely and it still froze. When I tried the SCSI HDD a couple of weeks ago everything was connected, including the Mediator. Booted fine.

Tinkered with the system a little bit today. I think I've made some sort of progress now. No matter what I tried, the system wouldn't boot with a fresh system install. It would just flash the power LED and reboot just before the workbench would've shown on the monitor. Found a combination that actually worked now. AmigaOS 3.9 with Classic Workbench and updated to Boing Bag 4. Also copied over the latest 040/060 libraries. I installed WarpUP 4.0, 4.0 update and 5.1, rebooted and the workbench booted up without freezing! I were also greeted with the message telling me to terminate the ppc.library file. Awesome, eh? Now the other fun starts...

I copied over BPPCFix to C, and added "C:BPPCFix >NIL: install 040" as the first line in the Startup-Sequence file. Turned off the computer and started it up again. Now I'm back at the start again, got a flashing power LED... Tried several combinations of the string:
C:BPPCFix >NIL: install 040
BPPCFix >NIL: install 040
C:BPPCFix install 040 >NIL:
BPPCFix install 040 >NIL:
C:BPPCFix install 040
BPPCFix install 040

The last two lines resulted in a shell window telling me BPPCFix is already registered or something like that and shortly after rebooted. The four first lines just gave me a black screen and flashing power LED. None would boot into workbench.

Slightly annoying. Could live with just hitting "Terminate" each time the system starts, but the 68060 library file is still downgraded because of the flash ROM on the card.

Any suggestions on how to remedy this?

Page generated in 0.04223 seconds with 11 queries