View Single Post
Old 14 November 2017, 14:46   #26
Amiga1992

Quote:
Originally Posted by esc View Post
So, if being forced to scroll an extra line or two of text while browsing posts is too troublesome for people to bear, can I ask that we just disable tapatalk completely instead of holding users accountable?
You probably misunderstood my original query, which has nothing to do with holding users accountable for that shit. The idea is for the system to snip Tapatalk's spam (it's not about scrolling pasta few lines, it's about spam getting in the middle of what I want to read) automatically in case it is posted, not by moderators, and I would also NOT do something as extreme as banning an user because of this, especially in light that it seems Tapatalk is inconsistent and resilient about this, leaving the user with not much choice about having that spam sig or not.

I didn't know Tapatalk also exposes forums to security issues. To be fair, I wouldn't mind getting rid of support for it, but you know how these things are, people nowadays value convenience over anything, and use potentially dangerous things like Facebook just because "it's easier", so a lot of people might be ticked off by turning Tapatalk support off.

So you gotta find a balance to try to accommodate the majority's feelings.

Again, my post is not about punishing users for this, it's about systematically snip Tapatalk's spam in the same way we do so (optionally) with signatures on the forum.

Page generated in 0.04320 seconds with 11 queries