View Single Post
Old 31 January 2024, 13:58   #387
Don_Adan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brick Nash View Post
I did the music myself from scratch using the Wasp Amiga tutorials. I'm a musician so it made sense. I don't think any music was even made for the original?

The sprites are all from the arcade (sprite database) and not downscaled. They were then remapped to the Amiga palette with a few touch ups by hand. Maki was almost a complete re-draw of every frame as her SNES sprite was too small compared to the arcade proportions, plus her new moves (unique to the Amiga) needed extra frames. Abigail was also redesigned because he was just a dull Andore palette swap, and well...I like Streets of Rage 2.

Backgrounds were from the 1991 game and taken from Codetapper's website (I also used his Sprite Trick program to make the tile sheets). This was purely because they were "Amiga ready", and easier to implement when I was first learning to code. They too underwent some tweaking and editing of the tiles. Probably most noticeable on Level 1 and the Elevator. Foreground objects are separate bitmaps Blitted later in the loop, and smashed doors/cars etc. are all just tile map address pokes.

Sound effects were from the arcade and extracted using MAMEm1, then converted with Goldwave on Windows to a RAW format.

The rest was just me figuring out what to do through a whole lot of trial and error (a WHOLE lot!!!).

I think that's everything. I'll probably do that "making of" video later in the year and go into more detail.
Then maybe You can try now to convert Final Fight 2 from SNES to Amiga? You have knowledge about graphics conversion from SNES and good FF engine.

Page generated in 0.05181 seconds with 11 queries