Thread: X86 Discussion
View Single Post
Old 31 May 2019, 15:53   #229
nathanm1991
Self Diagnosed Noob!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glen M View Post
I'm not so sure on performance of C2Q chips but I'd imagine your scrapping the barrel to make a budget gaming machine from those. 1155 or 1156 chips are at a price point now that the rule the budget gaming market but even at that your looking to the high end of those chips to keep up with the low end of todays.

I've built a few budget gaming rigs for people lately and my advice in terms of motherboard / cpu is always reach to the low/mid of current tech rather than the high end of yesterdays i.e. an AM4 board with low end rysen 3 or 5. With the right board you leave your machine wide open for future expansion of CPU to significantly increase its performance whereas a high end 1155/56 chip is already stretching itself to keep up. GPU is a different story. Always better to reach to the high end of the last gen just to save money. My GTX960 can still push out most stuff on high at 1080p but I tend to look to GTX980 or a RX580 for builds and considering most budget gamers are also buying a budget monitor (1080p 60hz) then 4gb of vram is plenty.

Sorry to go off topic. Maybe this thread should be relabeled x86 discussion (or words to that effect)
Hi GlenM how do you go about getting a Thread Relabelled as I would like to start Showing all of my Projects and not just my Dos/98SE Machines lol

Page generated in 0.16998 seconds with 11 queries