View Single Post
Old 20 February 2017, 09:27   #1
hajodick

Leander - Another Try 4 a complete Rip

Back in the Days my brother and I tried to rip Leander completely. The Method was very different from the techniques used today. But that was the fun of it.

Yesterday I started again after more than 25 years with the Loading and Intro Sequence. I'm going to do this the very old-fashioned way with one difference. I use memory dumps from WinUAE where possible and suitable.

On the other hand I read the asm code of the game to find all the files the game is loading and write them separately to disk. They have to be decrunched, so the decruncher has to be found and reassembled. I will try to bring all single files online over my own site when this is done.

All graphics will then be ripped manually with asm code and all palettes have to be searched by hand. That was the fun back in the days. I want to do that again.

If you are interested I will add some info about the ripping besides the images. I'm working on an amiga asm coding site which will have a game graphics section too. There you will then be able to find the original IFF Files that I create.

Let's start with the "Extra Memory Found and Used" Animation from the very beginning.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Leander_ExtraMemory.png
Views:	429
Size:	2.5 KB
ID:	52106   Click image for larger version

Name:	Leander_ExtraMemory_Anim1.png
Views:	459
Size:	9.2 KB
ID:	52107   Click image for larger version

Name:	Leander_ExtraMemory_Anim2.png
Views:	411