View Single Post
Old 07 January 2012, 19:32   #30
roy bates

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leffmann View Post
It's about money.

If Jens Schoenfeld can make all Apollo and Blizzard accelerators vanish from the face of the earth then there will be a demand, and he can manufacture and sell more products. Why do you think there are Catweasel I through XVI instead of just one really good board that does everything? None of it is cutting edge. Don't be surprised if there will be an ACA 1232, 1233, 1240, 1241 and so on. More boards with incremental features means more sales and more profit. He's not as much an Amiga fan as he is a businessman, and as such his priority will always be to make profit.

to be honest i for one think jens should put away his "business head" and put his "enginering head" back on.

all this oh dear ive just got to "refine this product" and make sure its perfect for the community,sound's more like: if i hold on to it for a bit longer it gurantees 100% sales of all items in stock
strange how it happens "every" time isent it?
but ofF course it's just pure speculation on my part.

as for the comment about hopeing that all apollo's dissapaer from the face of the planet,well lets put it this way:everytime a peice of hardware dies its not necessarily a card. its amiga's dieing. the market gets smaller not not larger!,when was the last time an amiga was manufactured?.
or maybe thats why he wont make any of the high end cards.
or maybe because he just cant be bothered,at the end of the day we would probably get it ten years after we wanted it in the first place.

for instance not about jens this is just genaral chit chat, we asked for a 3D graphics card for zorro based amigas,we got after r and d and manufacture from phase 5 sometime down the line the virge based card CV64-3D ok it was a nice card but daaaamn it was expensive,you dont agree ?i hear you say,well........the card it was based on you could get for a pc compatible was 25 gb pounds at the time i think and the cv64-3d was 180 gb pounds and was years too late and fitted with slower memory.
and im sure everyone would be able to get one for around 100 pounds.

even harddrives where less expensive in any other system but the amiga its not like they where "different" drives so called tested for amiga drives it was shipped with a floppy to prep it and partition it."yourself"but still i was more than happy to do this for a massive 428 mb drive its always been the same,i wouldent leave the amiga scene. i just wish peaple would realise it wont be around forever.

Page generated in 0.04576 seconds with 11 queries