View Single Post
Old 22 January 2019, 01:47   #220
enigma776
Bringer of Death

Quote:
Originally Posted by high-5 View Post
Thanks a lot!!!

Until now I have used your self install image. This time I would like to install whdload + games and demos via the installer. I have my selection of whdload games and demos ready.
What would be your recommended way to get whdload and EAB whdload packages for selected games/demos installed?
Seems we have a similar goal. and would look at the reply above, seems like I should have left them in LHA archives and let the installer deal with them, instead of using my files extracted on an Amiga.

-Edit-
Didn't want to double post,
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberhead97 View Post
This would currently be the right ask questions related to use of HstWB Installer. It seems like you’re trying to install eab-whdload-games user package and have extracted lha files, which will cause some errors. The lha files downloaded from eab file server should be left as is download from eab file server since the “build install entries” script will scan for lha and lzx files and build scripts to automatically extract them.

Please note these lha files are typically made on an Amiga and can contain incompatible filename characters with PC, Mac and Linux. Extracting such lha game files outside an Amiga can there cause issues with missing files as incompatible filenames usually are not extracted or they will be extracted with odd characters that makes them hard to delete again on PC, Mac and Linux.

I also see you might have copyed lha files directly into HstWB Installers amiga directory. This explains the error as amiga directory is used internally for running install or build self install modes. To correctly install lha game files from eab file server using HstWB Installer install mode do the following steps:
1. Copy “support\user packages” from HstWB Installer to somewhere like desktop.
2. Copy lha game files to desktop user packages eab-whdload-games directory.
3. Run “build install entries” script.
4. Start HstWB Installer setup.
5. Select configure user packages.
6. Select change user package directory and browse/select desktop user packages directory.
7. Select eab-whdload-games user package to install.
8. Run install mode.

Please let me know if this helps you resolve the error.
This has indeed fixed the problem, but now have another and not sure how to fix it. I can not launch AGS2 from the boot menu as it states its not installed, I can however launch it from workbench which is odd as it claims its not installed. Is there a config I need to change or some other way of fixing it?

Last edited by enigma776; 23 January 2019 at 22:16.

Page generated in 0.07245 seconds with 11 queries