View Single Post
Old 28 September 2017, 23:20   #12
Brick Nash
Prototron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai_Crow View Post
PowerBobs will help on the '020+ only but what might help more is learning to do AMAL scripts. Once initialized, they run faster than compiled AmosPro mainline source text. The only thing is that every frame of animation they try to restart at the beginning of the script so you have to use a state variable to remember from one frame to the next what position you were in previously.

I never had much luck with AMAL. Because it ran independently of the main program it wouldn't (as far as I could tell) recognise code for X/Y movement in the main program. At least, that was back then when I was just starting out.

To be fair, I should really re-code all my animation parts with the built in things like AMAL as it would be faster, but I just had it in my head that I had to do it all myself with the basic code using timers. It's probably more flexible with AMAL in regard to holding on certain frames for a desired time for a more swish effect. Something which I didn't manage to do by myself, but I had planned for the game.

Page generated in 0.07137 seconds with 11 queries