Thread: Beats of Fire
View Single Post
Old 15 January 2015, 22:21   #448
RichAplin

If most people are feeling it's the gameplay and lack of music in Amiga FF that's lacking; actually they'd both be relatively straightforward to modify just by hacking it; adding in-game music (assuming extra chip RAM) would be really easy (just have to sort out the priority of music notes vs in-game sfx).
Changing the gameplay; I really don't think it'd be that hard to just chop out the player and AI control and replace it; I'd imagine I did the character control in a reasonably generic way (i.e. it'd be easy IIRC to switch your character to play as a baddie, albeit with differences in available moves/sprite frames), and stuff like the timing+positioning of the animation sequences, collision boxes, how long it takes to recover from a hit, etc would have all been driven with simple tables...
There's zero chance I still have the source code, but it was all written in assembler and by that time I couldn't be bothered with putting in complex copy protection or anything (BTW I really enjoyed reading the "how to crack Double Dragon 2" article that someone wrote) so you could probably run it through IDA or something and get something fairly useful...

Page generated in 0.09024 seconds with 12 queries