View Single Post
Old 08 May 2018, 09:05   #2
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by hexaae View Post
Wanted to report that I find the sound emu very slow (= crackles and tiny desyncs) with beta 4.0.0. In particular from WB (desktop Picasso emulation 1920x1080) even Delitracker have issues at playing simple 4 channel mods. I tried all possible combos, including PortAudio… but when the buffer is too high (6-10) I see an annoying lag in games and desync to make them unplayable.

With WinUAE 2.5.1 I don't have these crackles and audio routines seem MUCH faster and liter… Is there something special to set up to fix this behaviour, besides "CPU idle" at minimum (that does not fix the issue)?
I don't think this has much to do with OPs post. This is more like "generic" something is going on with sound without any actual useful information.. Sorry.

And finally, comparing to some ancient version is useless, LAST better working version or FIRST "not-really working version" must be included, not some randomly chosen old version and not mentioning 4.0 only because it is latest..

EDIT: Do you mean CPU Idle at minimum always "fixes" it? And it does go to idle state even when set to minimum+1 when playing modules? (CPU% goes to very low value).

Last edited by Toni Wilen; 08 May 2018 at 09:12.

Page generated in 0.08064 seconds with 11 queries