View Single Post
Old 30 July 2017, 02:01   #77
SunSpire

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaffer View Post
Have you tried another USB stick? I had reports and observed myself that ADF write could be reliable, but write reliability does depend somewhat on USB stick performance at the moment. I have plans how to improve it quite a bit.

What was the X-Copy mode? Did it verify track-by-track as it writes? Did it fail during the copy, or silently produce a corrupt copy?
I have tried another USB stick now (1GB, unbranded) and got the same results. The procedure was as follows:

• Formatted USB stick to FAT32 in Win7 x64
  • Copied HXCSDFE.CFG and AUTOBOOT.HFE to USB stick's root (from this link)
  • Created blank.adf with WinUAE 3.4.0 (it was pre-formatted with bootblock and FFS file system) and copied to USB stick
  • Copied X-Copy (1993)(Cachet).adf to USB stick and booted it on a 1MB A500 machine with Kick 1.3
  • "Killsys" command in X-Copy, then used DOSCOPY option to clone X-Copy itself, whole disk read in one session
  • Wrote disk to blank.adf without any errors
However, after it finished copying I clicked DISKINFO and it would still show up as BLANK, 99% empty. Rebooting the system from this disk does nothing, the hand appears.

Likewise, copying files to a blank disk in Workbench seems to work fine, then after reboot the disk shows up as corrupted NDOS.

Sadly I don't have any more USB sticks lying around currently, but I might go buy some more on monday. Any suggestions which particular model / brand I should get? Anyone else experiencing this?

Page generated in 0.05442 seconds with 11 queries