View Single Post
Old 14 July 2008, 18:17   #1
Minuous
Coder/webmaster/gamer

How to remap input?

What I want to do is to change the host (real IBM) keys that control the guest (virtual Amiga) joystick.
There are just 3 predefined keysets (A/B/C). I suggested making this more flexible previously and was told to use the Input tab to redefine the keys. So I have made a custom configuration where eg. pressing host Cursor Up is supposed to emit guest Cursor Left. Then, by using joystick keymap "B", this emitted guest Cursor Left should be mapped to guest joystick left.
However when I enable this configuration the guest joystick doesn't work at all. Is this a known bug?

(Specifically, what I'm trying to do is to create a "right-handed" configuration for Vectorball which will fix up the wrong orientation of the controls (so that you can go up&down the pitch instead of having to go left&right). I suspect the programmers of Vectorball must be left-handed, because as a right-handed person it is more natural for me in isometric 3D games to have host up map as guest up-right instead of guest up-left.)

Last edited by Minuous; 14 July 2008 at 18:54.

Page generated in 0.04535 seconds with 11 queries