View Single Post
Old 26 August 2002, 00:27   #16
Bloodwych

This is very similar to a thread I set up a while ago called Growing older with computers/consoles

You just can't beat appealing to people’s nostalgic memories - we all love it!

But I can resist. Yes I can. No problemo. I am strong!

Well, perhaps just a little snippet of my past............

Oh what the hell you've got me! Here we go....

My first Amiga experience goes back to my Atari ST owning days. Being one of the very first people to have an ST, I'd owned it for two dedicated years playing classic like Super Sprint, Star Wars, Barbarian, Beyond the Ice Palace, Black Lamp etc. Through jealousy, all my friends had nagged their parents into buying them ST's and everything was happy in gaming land.

But then came a beast. A beast of epic proportions. It had 4096 colours! It had sound that literally blew me away! It had SMOOOOTH scrolling! It was a parents knightmare - it destroyed the peace in ST gaming land and kids were on the Christmas offensive! It was the AMIGA!

I was aware of the Amiga at this time through mags but never really wanted one because it's initial release of games were simple ST ports.

Then came my first true Amiga experience. My friend killed all happiness in ST gaming land by grabbing an Amiga. He bragged all day long, inviting us round to his house and ripping the piss out of our ST's. The first game I ever saw was Blood Money and it blew me away. I decided from that day that I was having an Amiga. It became my one obsession in life. And several of my friends decided this was indeed a quest worth pursuing.

After months and months of nagging, we all received Batman packs that Christmas and the balance was restored in happy gaming land.

Now an Amiga gaming land. YEAH!

I love happy endings!

Page generated in 0.14144 seconds with 11 queries