Thread: DamienD
View Single Post
Old 07 March 2018, 23:54   #5
DamienD
Banned

Leaving...

Heya guys,

Firstly this thread most definitely belongs in this OT section

I personally thank all of you for sending me PMs telling me not to leave...

It's not something I really want to do but given what's happened, I have no choice.

I mean; I've given sooooo much to this community for over a decade now:

a) Moderated EAB (mostly by myself for the past 3 years) and dealt with loads of shit.
b) Constantly helped out people with questions / answers / solutions.
c) Tested every single WinUAE beta and provided feedback.
d) Created / uploaded loads of custom ADFs / HDFs / AmigaCD stuff that I've done myself.
e) Provided the complete 2016 TOSEC collection on the "EAB File Server" for all of you.
f) Am an admin of the EAB File Server, move and try to maintain things.
g) Donated numerous times to Toni, various game developers, game competitions etc. with my own hard earned funds.
h) Paid money to coders who were willing to attempt porting Atari ST games i.e. "Arctic Moves" and "Karateka" (meynaf, you are a LEGEND!!!).
i) Given my 12 year project to the EAB community (and 400 other random people who just joined up).
j) etc...

Anyway, as I said in my now closed thread; unfortunately my latest week's work got leaked within 24 hours

It's the hard truth but it could only have come from an EAB member that I trusted... there's no other logical explanation

...so, given this, it really is time for me to stop being a GM and disappear again like I did 8 years ago.

Don't worry; you still have 7 other Global Moderators here who will take care of things i.e:

1) BippyM
2) CodyJarrett
3) DH
4) Graham Humphrey
5) lilalurl
6) PortuguesePilot
7) prowler

...but for me; I'm done after the last month of abuse / shit I've had to go through!!!

I've already sent the PM to RCK but as he's not here often; the changes to my status haven't been processed yet.

Ciao,
D

Last edited by DamienD; 08 March 2018 at 00:00.

Page generated in 0.04773 seconds with 11 queries