View Single Post
Old 14 May 2018, 17:25   #28
-Acid-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amigajay View Post
Well if the game wasnt going to run on stock hardware you can hardly blame Id for not supporting the system, most console manufacters had a hand in paying Id to get a port made for their system, so we come back to Commodore....
Years later clickboom thought it was viable to license and convert Quake and the requirements were as far from stock (or even common upgrades) as it could get.

Quote:
What solid facts do you have to say enough owners had a 030+ CPU Amiga to drive sales? Commodore didnt sell enough A1200 units let alone people 3rd party CPU upgrades to entice Id or for anyone to even buy the license to make it, the sales for such an idea wouldnt have been there at that time.
I didn't say there was enough 030's to sell the game, I said the game would have driven the sales of 030's the same way it got PC users upgrading. If you look back I doubt more than 10% of PC owners had the hardware to run Doom at high frame rates and full screen with the hardware they owned when the game was released. But by 1995 loads of people owned 030's and other upgrades proving people would have spent the money if they had of had a reason to. You just have to look at the amount of 030, 040 and 060 cards that go on ebay these days.... someone had to have been buying them in the mid 90s for so many to own them now.

Quote:
Plus blaming publishers for supporting the Amiga with the biggest market is kinda strange!? AGA Amigas never really took off, so its no surprise they stayed where the money was, they are after all companies trying to make money.
All they ever did was complain of low sales and piracy... but it was clear what was being supplied was not what people wanted to pay for.... they all wanted to pay for Doom and the 3D games that were following it. To me it makes perfect sense to supply what is in demand.

Last edited by -Acid-; 14 May 2018 at 17:30.

Page generated in 0.04427 seconds with 11 queries