View Single Post
Old 10 March 2010, 12:42   #22
Allen1

Hi there ipod_sock,

I opened the fat95.lha and cfd.lha files using winrar on my laptop and extracted the files there. I then copied the english folder from fat95 and the other files from cfd to my Ram disk on the Amiga (you can use your PCMCIA card and Amigakit floppy). These files would normally go on your hard drive in the drawers mentioned below, you could however also create a bootable floppy disk and remove some not needed files and place the files as you would in a hard drive to save your Amigakit disk from excessive use.

I have to go out so it will probably be a while before I look in here again but maybe this will help you to see where the files go OK. ;)

Installation is done by using the install icon that is in the drawer of the language you select
=====================================================================

* Doubleclick that "install_fat95" icon to install.
* Doubleclick the "MS0" (internal floppy) or "MS1" example icons to mount now.
* Or copy them into the DEVS:DOSDrivers drawer to auto-mount at system start time.

You should end up with the files mentioned in the drawers L, C and DEVS :-
Workbench l:fat95
Workbench l:install95
Workbench c:SetFileSize
Workbench c:debug95
Workbench c:dd
Workbench c:boot95
Workbench DEVS:Messydisk.device
Workbench DEVS:DOSDrivers MS0 ---> will mount itself automatically on bootup if placed here
Workbench DEVS:DOSDrivers MS1 ---> will mount itself automatically on bootup if placed here
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The cfd instalation
The cfd program archive or drawer if it had been extracted contains 2 more drawers ie C and DEVS.
The contents of C need to go into your hard drives Workbench C folder ie
pcmcia speed
pcmciacheck
cfddebug

The contents of DEVS need to go into your hard drives Workbench DEVS folder ie
compactflash.device
CF0.info
CF0

To mount your PCMCIA card double-click DEVS: CF0 (Big Icon) and insert your card, if all went well you should now be able to see a drive Icon and be able to access the card.

SHOW ALL FILES is a must for nearly all of the above and all of the files mentioned are in the fat95.lha anc cfd.lha archives

Page generated in 0.04554 seconds with 11 queries