View Single Post
Old 11 February 2018, 01:52   #82
Caldor

I got mine last Thursday and I have been playing around with it. I was lucky enough to find a USB keyboard that could actually work directly with the 186 core. Its a silicone rollable keyboard though and really annoying to work with... also seems you have to add a 3.5 audio jack to the pins to get sound? Not sure, because I cannot get DOS 6.22 working, so I seem unable to get much to work in the way of audio drivers and such.

It seems the bios or something is hard coded to require DOS 7.1? Not sure if I really have to build a new bios to make it run DOS 6.22. I noticed the Amiga core is based on the TC64 core... so I guess it should be possible to also port its C64 core... which I think is open source? Not sure.

Does not seem like the creator is planning on porting it, as he wrote earlier in this thread. Since this is somewhat commercial I can understand him. I think he could get more of a backlash than Vice would with their free software. I dont think a third party would be in the same position as him though.

I have installed the Diamond Lattice software... but pretty sure I wont be compiling new cores any time soon, if ever. I usually code in C# so... this is quite different.

Page generated in 0.06111 seconds with 11 queries