View Single Post
Old 09 September 2022, 15:13   #1
rhester72

Scala MM200 on WinUAE - does _any_ version work?

In a perfect world, I'd be running a cracked copy of MM210 on WinUAE without dongle support and be very happy...but there's a few things standing in the way of that.

- I've yet to see a copy of MM210 in the wild, cracked or otherwise
- The two cracked copies of MM200 I've seen (one by Mok in TOSEC and the other by Anthrox in SSC) don't work _at all_ - they install to hard drive, you try to run ScalaMM and it just doesn't do *anything*...you see a bunch of RAM allocated, then returned, and that's it. The Player app works from CLI on at least the Anthrox crack, I didn't test the player from the Mok crack.
- I have a 3-disk "update" for MM200 with a build data of 09-Sep-92, but I'm not even sure what it's for or how it's installed, so I haven't tested it.
- The two different builds of MM200 'virgin' I've seen (two different build dates of 29-Aug-92 and 09-Dec-92) do not work with the dongle support in WinUAE at all (Red or Green, and I've seen conflicting documentation on which MM200 requires, so I tried both with both builds). The Aug 1992 build throws a "Error opening scalamm.device" dialog, the Dec 1992 shows "Out of memory" (with 2MB chip/8MB fast).

Does anyone have a copy of MM2x0 that works on WinUAE, without or with dongle support? (Yes, I'm specifically looking for MM200/MM210, not the older or newer versions.

Page generated in 0.04477 seconds with 11 queries