View Single Post
Old 25 March 2016, 07:27   #568
eXeler0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olecranon View Post
You guys and your love for the wedge case I'll never understand.

You assume the Amiga became popular as a direct result of the aesthetic appearance of the wedge. The Amiga became popular because the wedge was a cheap and dirty way to reduce the price. Once the A500 hit that $595 USD price point in the states it became popular. I didn't know a single person back in the day that wanted an A500 over and A2000. IMO the A3000 was probably the sexiest Amiga.

Make the thing an ATX or mATX board with a PS2 keyboard adapter and call it a day. No mucking around with crowd sourced plastic cases and cannibalizing 30 year old keyboard.
Well, the wedge Case carries a lot of nostalgia. Before the Amiga I had the c128. Ppl who were used to grey PC boxes probably felt more at home with something like the A2000.
Anyway, the pizza box is a stupid form factor these days when ppl use LCD screens. It made sense back then with giant CRTs filling your desk, now it's just very impractical.
Sure a mini ITX would be a nice size for a board, then it would fit in a bunch of different cases.
Just for the record, I did a mock up Natami case a while ago, seemed a couple of ppl liked the design 😄

Anyhoo, this is the thread about the mobo, rather than the case and that one is already set in stone, AFAIK.

Page generated in 0.05224 seconds with 11 queries