View Single Post
Old 12 April 2018, 09:37   #1
NLS
Ancient User

Accessing my disk

(a few years ago I would answer my own post - but nowadays, so many years without touching real Amiga hardware, although I have plenty stored, I am again a newbie)

So I have my A4000/040 (which is actually 060, whithout me every buying 060 - long story) in the closet and some time soon I will need to "salvage" it the best I can.

For hardware, I understand someone will need to recap it probably (yes?). Along with my A500 and my C64 and my VCS.

For software though, my hard disk, things are a bit more complicated.

First of all (possibly the easy part?) I am not even sure what kind of bus is my 300MB disk (was it IDE?). Actually I am not sure it is 300MB or swapped to something larger. Anyway is it plain IDE? (to see if it can be connected to a PC)

You see, I remember I used a multi-user file system INSTEAD of FFS, that was available in Aminet. Not even sure which, but I suspect we can find it. Stupidly enough, as I was the only user of the computer. Still I "logged in" my Amiga every time.
Thing is, I have NO idea of my old password and is quite possible I cannot recall it at all. So... how do you think we can access the contents and possibly copy things to a normal FFS disk or even better a disk image?

This is the initial "investigation", we are far from actually doing this, but if you can help me, give me hope or anything... please do.

Page generated in 0.05083 seconds with 11 queries