View Single Post
Old 05 April 2017, 15:46   #355
blatboy

Well, I finally have some good news to post. In my piles of junk, er, important gear, I forgot that I do indeed own an Addonics SCSI to IDE interface. Since I have an IDE to CF interface that I was saving for my 1200, this could be a viable option for the 3000 I'm trying to set up.

I couldn't find my 50 to 68 pin SCSI adapter, so I won't be able to test it on the real machine until I find it or until the new one I ordered comes in.

However, that didn't stop me from trying to set up a 32GB CF card in WinUAE. I set it up with PFS. And... all of the games copied over swimmingly onto a 20GB partition. Well... now I feel I know for sure that my issues with >4GB drives was a problem with the SCSI2SD card, and not my ability to set up a large HD in 3.9.

I don't want to jinx anything... and I hope I'm not speaking too soon... but I feel like I'm on the way to having a working, tricked out, fully loaded 3000/040 that I can enjoy. I'll keep you posted once I test this sucker in the real machine. Thanks again for all the help.

Last edited by blatboy; 05 April 2017 at 16:05.

Page generated in 0.13674 seconds with 11 queries