View Single Post
Old 06 June 2008, 14:49   #20
blade002
Zone Friend

LOL... your funny THB, ive always known you've loathed my joystick choice!..

I think i have used Quickshot's ever since my C64 days and i have used the Python from about 1989 till present day!. Its true that the Pressure Pad ones suck and i actually spent last weekend take apart another Quickshot joystick to take its pressure pads out to put into another because they were all split!.

BUT.. as Bippy said, the Microswitch one ( that i now have ) is absolutely brilliant!, and far far stronger than those shitty pressure pads, and you CAN give it some abuse!.. i have wrenched the think real hard recently playing the Chaos Engine for the EAB Compo.. It was kind of like the time i went from my brick Commodore mouse that came with the A500 with its crappy contacts and bought a Microswitch mouse which cost me $70 in 1991 !!.. but the difference in response and reliability with that mouse was phenomenal!.

So in a nutshell, to me they mold to your hand perfectly, they have a large base to wrap your hand around to keep it stable and they are very responsive. Nothing really beats those nice arcade sticks with multiple buttons, but for sheer home use, i prefer the python.

Last edited by blade002; 06 June 2008 at 14:54.

Page generated in 0.05313 seconds with 11 queries