View Single Post
Old 04 September 2016, 12:44   #625
Toncon

i used to have A500 and A1200. and still A500 should be somewhere in my room.
my CRT monitors were used multi-sync (don't remember the model) and Sony's expensive one. and joypads of the day are of course atari pin type including modded megadrive 6B pads.

what im saying is emulators on the win os(vista or lator) suffer natural input lag for the os itself.
i know one of emulator had very concern about this issue, and managed to solve to make feel the user like real machine. but its another story.

i noticed some delay things happen when played popular games on WinUAE. (e.g. Jamespond2, Leander and so on.)
after fiddling with configuration, i could guess what part was candidate of delay, and there were too many.
dull usb ports of mobo, my joypads, background OS activity, my monitors' delay, or even generic USB driver of win.
also, the versions of WinUAE seems to be related.
that is, there are too many factors between what im seeing and actual work inside. and it will exist as far as its emulation.
so, i feel its not good to desire for what i experienced once on real machine.

the point is, when i wanted to buy "new" retro hard to avoid such messy situation, i don't want to be bothered by peripherals which are from limited source.

btw, which one of retro type usb joystick/pad do you recommend ?
currently im using CT-V9 (least lag. best for digital 8way inputs), Hori Edge301(second best so far. has far less-lag and reliable digital iuputs than any other xbox or ps type of twin-stick pads.) and several Logicool's F310 and F510(duh).
i browsed to search once, but i only found comp pro2 or Amigakit's big one which looks like robust. (i won't buy cheap looking ones on amazon.)
as this is off topic, so if you dont mind, please pm me about joypad/sticks.

Page generated in 0.09076 seconds with 11 queries